The Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District has evacuated Armstrong Middle School following a report of a gas leak on Tuesday.
The school district said shortly before noon that students at AMS were being evacuated and transported via school bus to the Starkville High football stadium after a gas leak was detected on the school campus.
SOCSD Public Information Officer Nicole Thomas said Atmos Energy advised the evacuation after an elevated level of gas was detected in a test area.
SOCSD says parents who want to check out their child must go to the SHS football stadium home ticket boot and show a valid driver's license.
The AMS campus is currently closed.
"At the stadium, we will work as quickly as possible to release students to their parents/guardians/others with a valid license who are listed on emergency card," the school district said on social media.
This is a developing story. Follow the Starkville Daily News for additional updates.