null

Ralph Null speaks to the room about his art at the reception for the new exhibit. 

The Starkville Area Arts Council has a series called Art in Public Places that allows artists to share their work at the Greater Starkville Development Partnership office on Main Street. Not only can the public see the works of local artists, but they can also support them in one of the most artist-friendly galleries. 

Anyone who is interested in a piece of art that is on display has the opportunity to purchase that one of a kind piece. The artist then receives 80 percent of the proceeds and SAAC gets the remaining 20 percent. 

The newest AiPP exhibit was installed last Tuesday, September 14 and will be up until Monday, November 1, and the artist featured is Ralph Null, a mostly self-taught painter. Null rejects the term artist when referring to himself, though.

For the full story, check out the Thursday, September 23 edition of SDN. 

Recommended for you