While the Mississippi State Bulldogs wait to learn who will be the next head coach to lead the basketball program, it was learned on Wednesday they’ll be without All-Southeastern Conference forward Arnett Moultrie.
Moultrie announced Wednesday he intends to enter the NBA draft and forgo his senior season with MSU.
“After careful consideration and discussions with my family and my coaches, I have decided to explore my options and enter my name in 2012 NBA Draft,” said Moultrie in a statement.
The UTEP transfer and C Spire Howell Trophy winner, averaged 16.4 points and 10.5 rebounds this season. He also paced the league with 18 double-doubles this season for MSU.
Moultrie has until April 29 to file the necessary paper work to enter the draft and while he doesn’t have an agent at the moment, once he signs the documentation he will no longer be eligible due to the fact he tested the NBA waters in 2010 after leaving UTEP.
“I have enjoyed my time at Mississippi State University and I will never forget the people I met and got to know,” Moultrie said in a statement. “Nor will I ever forget my coaches and teammates. Keep me in your prayers and I will keep Bulldog Nation in mine.”
NBADraft.net projects Moultrie to be selected in the first round. First-round selections receiving guaranteed contracts.
Moultrie is the third Bulldog this week to leave the program, earlier in the week DeVille Smith withdrew from the university and Renardo Sidney, like Moultrie, has decided to test the NBA waters.