For the Daily News
The Greater Starkville Development Partnership is now looking for ladies from the community to spread Mississippi hospitality by participating in Starkville’s 2011 Miss Hospitality pageant.
The local tea pageant will be on March 26 at 3 p.m. in the GSDP Welcome Center. The tea pageant format will include an interview competition and a little black dress/commercial competition.
The mission of the Mississippi Miss Hospitality Pageant is to identify, honor and utilize young ladies between the ages of 18 and 24 for the purpose of promoting Mississippi’s tourism, industry, and economic development internally and externally by serving as the state’s goodwill ambassador. For sixty two years, the Mississippi Miss Hospitality Pageant has celebrated the intelligent and gracious qualities of young women across the state.
The winner of Starkville’s Miss Hospitality will compete in the State Pageant in July.
All contestants must meet the following requirements:
• Must be a resident of Mississippi
• Must be from Starkville or Oktibbeha county
• Must be a high school graduate who attends or plans to attend college, must never have been married or have had children, and must be between the ages of 18 and 24 by the time of the pageant
• Must not currently hold a title that would interfere with her duties as Miss Hospitality
• Must have a 2.5/4.0 G.P.A for the last completed semester. A transcript must be provided
• Must be in good health
• Young women who have entered the State Pageant previously are not eligible to participate again
For those interested in participating, pick up an applications at the Greater Starkville Development Partnership Welcome Center.
For more information on the local Miss Hospitality pageant, contact Tasha Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org