SDN Staff Reports
The Starkville Board of Aldermen is scheduled to adopt its updated strategic plan for the city during its regular meeting tonight.
The Board of Aldermen convenes at 5:40 p.m. in the courtroom at City Hall on Lampkin Street.
First adopted by the Board of Aldermen a few months after the current administration took office, the board discussed making revisions to the strategic plan during weekend retreat more than two weeks ago.
The plan is aimed at setting a framework for city leaders in carrying out strategic thinking, direction and action toward achieving consistent and planned results.
The plan identifies specific, measureable goals in six key areas: City services, comprehensive planning/land use, image, infrastructure, municipal complex and regional cooperation.
Other items on tonight’s agenda for the Board of Aldermen include:
• An appearance by Municipal Court Judge Rodney Faver and Court Administrator Tony Rook to present the court’s annual activity report for 2010.
• An appearance by Administrative Hearing Officer Jenny Turner and Hearing Enforcement Administrator Bill Green on the Administrative Adjudication Division’s 2010 activities.
• Discussion on setting a time for interviews of candidates for the Starkville School District Board of Trustees for the 5-year term beginning March 8.
• Approval of hiring Joel Clements as the city’s information technology manager.
• Discussion on declaring drainage matters on Maple Street are a public health and safety concern to allow city crews the authority to enter onto private property to alleviate erosion and flooding problems.
• Approval of the parking garage use agreement for the Cotton MIll Conference Center and Hotel, LLC
• Ratification of the Planning and Zoning Commission’s approval of a request by the Creamery at Central Station to allow multi-family residential use in a C-2 (general business) zoning district at 200 S. Montgomery St.
The complete agenda for tonight’s meeting may be downloaded from the City of Starkville’s website at http://www.cityofstarkville.org .
The agenda is subject to amendment by the Board of Aldermen at the outset of tonight’s meeting.