Editor’s note: This information about the Starkville Christmas Parade was originally published Friday, but is being a printed a second time for those who may have missed it.
Long-time Justice Court Judge Tony Boykin will be serving as grand marshal for tonight’s Starkville Christmas Parade.
Boykin will lead off the parade, which is set for 6:30 p.m. in downtown Starkville.
“A Magical Christmas” is the theme for this year’s Christmas parade, sponsored by the Greater Starkville Development Partnership. The parade — featuring 71 units — will follow the lighting of the Community Christmas tree in downtown Starkville.
Starkville police will close the parade lineup area on Russell Street beginning at 4:45 p.m. Saturday.
The official parade lineup period is set between 5 and 6 p.m. Vehicles and floats must be in place by 5:30 p.m. Participants who will ride on the floats or ride in the vehicles must in place by 6 p.m. All walking units will need to be place by 6 p.m.
Units should enter from Spring Street to Russell Street and there will be volunteers to assist.
The intersections at Montgomery Street and University Drive and Jackson Street at Main Street will be closed by police at 5 p.m. for the lighting ceremony for the Community Christmas Tree. All other intersections along the parade route will be closed at 6 p.m.
When the parade begins at 6:30 p.m., the route will proceed from Russell Street to Lampkin Street, move east on Lampkin to Montgomery Street and then turn north on Montgomery Street to Main Street. The parade then turns west onto University Drive and continues west onto Main Street.
The route turns south on Washington Street before turning east onto Lampkin Street and moving back to its origin point.
The judges review stand and broadcast boost for the event will be stationed at the Cadence Bank plaza on University Drive in front of the Community Christmas Tree.
The Christmas Parade lineup is as follows:
• SHS JROTC Department.
• Grand Marshal Tony Boykin.
• Starkville High School Band.
• AFROTC Detachment 425.
• Miss MSU 2011 Jessica Terrill.
• Miss Hospitality Paige Watson.
• Starkville’s Junior Miss.
• Gulf States Manufacturing.
• American Legion Post No. 240.
• OCH Regional Medical Center.
• Clark Beverage Group Inc.
• Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Department.
• Oktibbeha County Board of Supervisors, Justice Court Judges.
• Starkville Fire Department.
• Mayor’s Youth Council.
• Designed With Love Child Care Haven.
• The Starkville Dispatch.
• Starkville High School 2010 Homecoming Queen.
• SHS Key Club.
• Armstrong Middle School Cheerleaders.
• Armstrong Middle School Physical Education Classes.
• Armstrong Middle School Band.
• Cub Scout Pack 14.
• Cub Scout Pack 27.
• Cub Scout Pack 11.
• East Oktibbeha High School.
• East Oktibbeha County Elementary School.
• Ability Works, Inc.
• West Oktibbeha County Elementary School.
• Girl Scout Troop 320.
• Girl Scouts Heart of the South-Oktibbeha County Service Unit.
• Starkville T.E.A. Party.
• Christmas Carols Singing Float featuring members of MSU Women’s Chorale, Delta Delta Delta Sorority and Alpha Kappa Alpha.
• Gibson Body Shop.
• Tri-City Roller Dolls.
• Golden Triangle Cells- Miss Irish Rose.
• The O’Nan Project for Change, Inc.
• World Neighbors Association.
• Starkville Academy Miss Volition.
• Starkville Academy Homecoming Queen.
• Starkville Academy Varsity Cheerleaders.
• Starkville Academy Junior Varisty Cheerleaders.
• Starkville Academy Varsity Dance Team.
• Starkville Academy 7th grade Cheerleaders.
• Starkville Academy Band.
• Starkville Martial Arts Academy.
• Oktibbeha County 4-H Clubs.
• Starkville Raiders Football.
• Young Champions Cheerleading.
• Starkville Saints.
• Urban Radio Broadcasting.
• Zack Ray.
• Longview United Methodist Church.
• Adaton United Methodist Church.
• Pine Grove M.B. Church.
• Little Angels Child Care.
• First Baptist Church of Longview Youth Department.
• Happy Start Learning Center.
• KMG Creations Dance and Fitness Children Dance Company.
• OSERVS (Oktibbeha-Starkville Emergency Response Volunteer Services).
• Starkville In Motion.
• Council of Community Organizations of Oktibbeha County.
• Rolling Hills Development Center.
• Oktibbeha County Humane Society.
• Lakeside Place.
• Davis Bail Bond Co.
• CFR Enterprise LLC/ Money CO USA.
• Santa Claus on the Rotary Club float.