Today is the general election across the nation.
Who’s on the ballot
On the ballot locally for the general election are the following races (some races may not appear on all ballots):
U.S. House of Representatives
Third Congressional District
• Joel L. Gill, Democrat
• Gregg Harper, Republican
• Tracella L.O. Hill, Reform
Chancery Court Judge
14th Chancery District
• Kenneth M. Burns
• Dorothy W. Colom
Circuit Court Judge
16th Circuit District
• James T. “Jim” Kitchens
• William Starks
• Lee J. Howard
• Lee S. Coleman
• Bob Marshall
• Nebra Porter
Oktibbeha County School District
Board of Trustees
District 2 Seat
• Curtis Snell
• Marvin L. Williams
• Melvin Harris
• Yvette Rice
Do you need to know where to vote?
If a registered voter is unsure of the polling place where he or she should vote, there is an easy way to find out.
Visit the Secretary of State’s Office website at http://www.sos.ms.gov  and click on the “Elections” link and then click on the “Voter Information Center” link.
Upon clicking on the “Voter Information Center” link, another part of the page, “Explore Elections” will appear. Clicking on the arrow keys under “Explore Elections,” the voter can find the “Polling Place Lookup” link.
Click on the “Polling Place Lookup” link and then type in one’s street address, city and state. Using a Google map feature, the locator will then direct you to the proper polling place and give you directions to get there on a map. The polling places for Oktibbeha County and their locations are listed below.
Those without computer access can call the Oktibbeha County Circuit Clerk’s Office at 323-1356.
Where to vote: The polling places
Oktibbeha County’s polling places for today’s general election are listed below. Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. A reminder to voters and candidates: No campaign materials may be brought inside or within 150 feet of any polling place under state law.
• West Starkville — National Guard Armory, Highway 12 West, Starkville.
• South Adaton — Adaton Baptist Church, 1975 Old Highway 82 West
• North Longview — Longview Fire Station, 2168 Highway 12 West.
• Self Creek/Double Springs — New fire station, 3407 U.S. 82 West, Maben.
• Osborn — 16th Section Road Fire Station, 1726 16th Section Road.
• Northeast Starkville — Humphrey Coliseum, Mississippi State University.
• North Starkville II — Boardtown Village, 905 N. Montgomery Street.
• Hickory Grove/Southeast Starkville — East Oktibbeha Fire Station, Highway 182 East.
• East Starkville — Humphrey Coliseum, Mississippi State University.
• North Starkville III — Starkville Fire Station No. 3, 102 W. Garrard Road at North Jackson Street.
• Bell Schoolhouse — Bell Schoolhouse Fire Station, 2221 Highway 389.
• Maben — Maben City Hall, 4026 2nd Ave., Maben.
• Center Grove/North Adaton — Adaton Fire Station, 2237 Reed Road.
• South Starkville — Starkville Sportsplex, 405 Lynn Lane.
• South Longview — Longview Fire Station, 2168 Highway 12 West.
• Craig Springs/South Bradley — Craig Springs Fire Station, 2199 Craig Springs Road, Sturgis.
• Sturgis/North Bradley — Sturgis Fire Station, 2729 Montgomery St., Sturgis.
• Central Starkville — Oktibbeha County Courthouse Annex, 108 W. Main St.
• Gillespie Street — Gillespie Street Center, 610 E. Gillespie St.
• Sessums — Sessums Fire Station, 3100 Turkey Creek Road.
• Oktoc — Oktoc Fire Station, Oktoc Road just south of the Oktoc Community Center.