- Special Sections
- Dawgs Deals
- Local Guide
By COLLEEN MCCARTHY
Three Generations Tea Room will host a month full of holiday cheer for a good cause with its â€śTwelve Days of Christmasâ€ť event.
The event will be 12 days of music, food and company benefiting the Oktibbeha/Starkville Emergency Response Volunteer Services.
â€śThe first year we were in business, around the holidays, we decided it was time to honor an organization that did good for our community,â€ť owner Paige Lawes said.
In the past, Three Generations gave donations to the Crisis Pregnancy Center, but when the center moved out of town, Lawes said OSERVS was the clear choice as a replacement.
â€śI knew the people that were involved with OSERVS, and come rain, fire or wind, they were the first ones on site,â€ť Lawes said. â€śThere is no better organization to honor than OSERVS.â€ť
The event will run each Monday through Saturday from Dec. 3 until Dec. 17. The buffet opens at 11 a.m. weekdays, while music and entertainment begin at 12:15 p.m. Each dayâ€™s event costs about $10 per person with a donation to OSERVS. There is no minimum donation required. Last year, the event raised nearly $1,000 for OSERVS.
â€śThere are people that give a whole lot, then there are people that gave what they could, but it all goes to a good cause,â€ť Lawes said.
The money raised during the event will help OSERVS give back to members of the community in need.
â€śWe use that money to help families in Oktibbeha county, whether it is a single-family fire, a tornado or other emergency for a family,â€ť Carol Read with OSERVS said.
Reservations are encouraged so the tea room can plan ahead. Several of the events have already been booked. To make reservations, call 662-324-1507.
A list of events include:
- Sat., Dec. 3: OSERVS Party.
- Mon., Dec. 5, 11 a.m.: â€śOur Own Christmas Joyâ€ť Madeline Golden, Bruce Lesley and Lyle Tate.
- Tues., Dec. 6, 11 a.m.: singer Vicki Burnett.
- Wed., Dec. 7, 11 a.m.: Starkville Symphony violin player Ellen Boyles.
- Thurs., Dec. 8, 11 a.m.: MSUâ€™s Dr. Elaine Peterson and her students with a special guest star.
- Fri., Dec. 9, 9 - 11 a.m.: â€śHappy Birthday Jesusâ€ť brunch with music from Starkville Childrenâ€™s librarian Laura Foxworth.
- Mon., Dec. 12, 11 a.m.: Starkville Symphony cello player Ethan Ewing.
- Tues., Dec. 13, 11 a.m.: Tammie Tubbs of My Mississippi TV.
- Wed., Dec. 14, 11 a.m.: Daniel Jones, 13, violin player.
- Thurs., Dec. 15, 11 a.m.: Golden Triangle Celts 2011 Irish Rose Maureen Hughes.
- Fri., Dec. 16, 11 a.m.: â€śA Country Christmas Sing-A-Longâ€ť with Vic and Jane Zitta.
- Sat., Dec. 17: Plan your own party.