Skip to main content

Electric problems believed cause of Sunday fire

January 2, 2011

Electrical problems are believed to be the cause of a fire Sunday afternoon in the District 5 area of Oktibbeha County.
Kirk Rosenhan, Oktibbeha County Volunteer Fire Coordinator, said District 5/Oktoc firefighters were called to 1671 Belk Road when the residents, upon returning from church, found smoke emitting from the attic.
Rosenhan said responding firefighters found a fire in the attic, attacked the fire, quickly extinguishing it.
He said there was extensive damage in the attic.
Rosenhan said ground up newspaper insulation was smoldering in the attic area.

Latest Videos

Tanner Fant of Starkville , Miss. will travel to Mobile, Ala. on Sunday, June 14 to participate in the 58th...
Drinking a beverage that tastes delicious and has good nutritional value is like having your cake and eating it, too.
Pasta, bread, pizza crusts, peanut butter, fried foods, beef, even certain types of chips — these are all foods that...
The memories of April 21, 2008 when we went to the Boston Marathon still lingered in our hearts and souls on April 15...
Emily Jones Deluded Diva My neighbor, (I'll call her Brenda for the sake of anonymity), is one of the best things that...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes