- Special Sections
- Dawgs Deals
Electrical problems are believed to be the cause of a fire Sunday afternoon in the District 5 area of Oktibbeha County.
Kirk Rosenhan, Oktibbeha County Volunteer Fire Coordinator, said District 5/Oktoc firefighters were called to 1671 Belk Road when the residents, upon returning from church, found smoke emitting from the attic.
Rosenhan said responding firefighters found a fire in the attic, attacked the fire, quickly extinguishing it.
He said there was extensive damage in the attic.
Rosenhan said ground up newspaper insulation was smoldering in the attic area.