- Special Sections
- Dawgs Deals
- Local Guide
Mississippi State's football program has a long and storied history.
The football team was formed back in 1895 when this team was referred to as the Mississippi A&M Aggies. Since then, the team has seen a name change and a mascot change.
The Bulldogs will start their 118th season of football this fall, as they did not field a team in 1943, when coach Dan Mullen leads his squad onto the field for a much-anticipated year.Â
Players from MSU's 1949-61 era gathered in Starkville this past weekend for a reunion. Charley Weatherly of Starkville, Jimmy Dodd of Starkville and Scott Suber of Calhoun City were the organizing committee for the reunion.
To subscribe to the E-edition, please click here.View more articles in: