Skip to main content

Shelter kill totals drop

August 12, 2013

In 2008, the Oktibbeha County Humane Society and Starkville Animal Shelter maintained about a 40 percent adoption rate, leaving some 60 percent of animals taken in to be euthanized. However, Anita Howard, shelter manager, said with the help of some new initiatives, that number has not only flipped, but grew to an 80 percent adoption rate in 2012. This year, Howard said the shelter was on track for a 90 percent adoption rate.

To subscribe to the E-edition, please click here.

Latest Videos

Tanner Fant of Starkville , Miss. will travel to Mobile, Ala. on Sunday, June 14 to participate in the 58th...
Drinking a beverage that tastes delicious and has good nutritional value is like having your cake and eating it, too.
Pasta, bread, pizza crusts, peanut butter, fried foods, beef, even certain types of chips — these are all foods that...
The memories of April 21, 2008 when we went to the Boston Marathon still lingered in our hearts and souls on April 15...
Emily Jones Deluded Diva My neighbor, (I'll call her Brenda for the sake of anonymity), is one of the best things that...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes