Skip to main content

UPDATE: Major damage in Jackson Street house fire

December 12, 2012

Starkville Fire Department officials have not identified a cause of a house fire this morning on 511 Jackson St. but have confirmed the structure sustained major damage, mostly to its roof.

Fire Marshal Stein McMullen said SFD responded to a house fire call at approximately 9:30 a.m.

"When we got (to the scene) there was a flame coming out of the attic and about … 10 minutes at the most it came out of the roof," McMullen said. Pretty much all of the fire was in the roof and it spread throughout the attic space."

There were no injuries reported. Two pets at the residence were rescued from the fire.

McMullen said while it is not known what started the blaze there is a possibility it could be electrical in nature.

Updates will be posted throughout the day and in Thursday's edition of Starkville Daily News.

Latest Videos

Tanner Fant of Starkville , Miss. will travel to Mobile, Ala. on Sunday, June 14 to participate in the 58th...
Drinking a beverage that tastes delicious and has good nutritional value is like having your cake and eating it, too.
Pasta, bread, pizza crusts, peanut butter, fried foods, beef, even certain types of chips — these are all foods that...
The memories of April 21, 2008 when we went to the Boston Marathon still lingered in our hearts and souls on April 15...
Emily Jones Deluded Diva My neighbor, (I'll call her Brenda for the sake of anonymity), is one of the best things that...


Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes