Crews rescue puppy from Eupora house fire

Eupora Fire Department rescued Bo, a chocolate lab puppy, from a burning home on Veterans Memorial Boulevard Monday morning. (Submitted photo)
By: 
SDN STAFF REPORT
Staff Writer

Monday morning, Eupora Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at 2337 Veterans Memorial Blvd., along with assistance from Walthall Fire Department.

According to release by EFD, while crews were working to surpress the fire, a dog was heard barking, and a chocolate lab puppy was located unresponsive in a kennel.

Firefighters removed the puppy, named Bo, and started resuscitation by providing oxygen from their breathing apparatuses.

After a few minutes, the puppy started responding and was taken to a rescue truck where oxygen was administered until it was transported to a local veterinary clinic.

Firefighters were able to contain and the suppress the fire without a total loss, but there was heavy fire damage to two rooms and heavy smoke damage throughout the house.

The residents weren't at home at the time and no injuries were reported.

Donations for the residents can be dropped off at Eupora First Baptist Church. Sizes include: Female 6 1/2 size shoe, size 10 or small 12 pants and extra large tops. Financial donations are also welcome.

"I'd like to thank each firefighter on scene today," EFD Chief Mitch Jackson said. "Your quick response and actions today not only saved a structure from being a total loss, but also saved a young puppy's life. Special thanks to our Walthall Fire Department who always responds quickly and professionally without hesitation to help us protect our citizens."

Jackson said Bo is doing great and will be kept at the vet for the rest of the week.

Category: