Archive - Nov 23, 2012
While smoke detectors are a common fixture in residences, there is another hazard to be considered to be considered for people who use gas to keep their houses warm when the weather turns cold: carbon monoxide.
According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Administration, approximately 170 people in the country die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Starkville High School is once again preparing to showcase its many talents as the theatre department readies its latest Drama Festival show, â€śThe Insanity of Mary Girard.â€ť
A public performance is set for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Starkville High School auditorium. Tickets are $5.
First-year drama teacher Jessica Taylor said preparation for the show began in the summer.
Two lots near Mississippi State Universityâ€™s sororities, its Clay Lyle Entomology Lab and Bully Boulevard may become sites for new sorority development, pending sorority representativesâ€™ decisions.
The sororities have asked MSU about starting construction at these locations to Sorority Rowâ€™s north in lieu of previously planned locations to its south on an incomplete circular drive.